The photo gallery requires at least Flash version 9.0.28.
Please install the latest FlashPlayer.
29th Annual Columbus Arts Council Auction & Gala: "Gala in the Gardens"
Saturday, May 18, 2013. Tickets available until May 13
Directions from Columbus, Starkville, Meridian and West Point
Directions For Gala In The Gardens .pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [210.0 KB]
Windy Hill is located at 1481 Primrose Road in Columbus, MS.
Support the Columbus Arts Council by attending the 29th Auction and Gala: "Gala in the Gardens" to take place Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 6pm- until. The gala will take place in the gardens of "Windy Hill" at the home of Mrs. Nancy Imes. Tickets are $60 per person and are available through May 13 at the Columbus Arts Council or by calling 662-328-2787. Ticket includes live and silent auction, heavy hors d'oeuvres, open bar and live music. Free transportation will be available from Heritage Academy parking lot located at 625 Magnolia Lane in Columbus. There is limited parking at "Windy Hill." We hope that you will join us for a night of fun and supporting the arts!
Just a few of the Gala Auction Items:
- 30 minute ride in an authentic 1944 P-51D North American Mustang. The ride will depart from Golden Triangle Airport, and you will feel the power of 1475 horsepower as the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine roars you to speeds of up to 350 mph! A once in a lifetime opportunity to experience what our World War II Pilots experienced in the fight for air superiority against the Germans and the Japanese.
- Johnny Musso's 5 bedroom beach home in Naples, Florida for 1 week
- Week stay for up to eight people in a vacation home on Smith Lake - Donated by David Sanders
- Watercolor Resort Beach Rental: Located in Florida, this classic southern home overlooks a beautiful open park and exquisite pool. Only a stroll away from the lavish beach club and beautiful white sandy beaches of South Walton. Smoke-free home with two master suites, an additional bedroom overlooking the living area, and a bunk room for the kids. Donated by David Sanders, value: $2,300
- Vero Beach Home (just north of Miami) of Dr. Charles and Libby Atkins. It is located on the 3rd floor of a 4 story condo and has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Sleeps 6 people.The Vero beach area is a quiet community with a secluded private beach. .The Atkins condo is located on the beach, features granite and stainless steel.Winner will be responsible for the $75 clean up fee.
- Acupuncture Certificate
- Coffee Basket x 2
- Trail Ride with Rock Hill Stables for up to 4 people on over 500 acres of woodland in West Lowndes County
- Original artwork from Clay Paradiso
- Framed Neo-Classical prints
- Original Pottery from Pitter Potter
- Bird houses (2 ceramic and 5 wooden)
- Simply E 25 units of Botox
- Gift certificates from The Grill, Harveys and Peppers, for $25.00 each
- Four framed and signed Birney Imes Posters
Sponsored in part by RDI, BancorpSouth Bank, Premier Ford - Lincoln, Renasant Bank and Renasant Wealth Management, The pediatric Dental Clinic, Mitchell, Clark Beverages
May Gallery Exhibit: Market Street Juried Arts Exhibition
Congratulations to our Market Street Juried Arts Exhibition winners
Dylan Karges won best in show with his piece "Red Cedars." 1st place in Drawing/Painting was Kathie Baeuerlin with "Palms & Plants," 1st place in Photography was Caterina Mendolicchio with "Venetian Sunset - Venezia," and 1st place in 3D was Mary Jane Everett with "Pond Drain." Come on by the Columbus Arts Council at the Rosenzweig Arts Center to see the Market Street Exhibition and vote on your favorite piece for People's Choice
"Mississippi Moon" Open Mic
Friday, May 31, 7:30 PM
Join us as local musicians prove that Mississippi music continues to shine in this show featuring music about Mississippi or written, performed or recorded by some of our state's many groundbreaking musical artists. Show will take place in the Omnova Theater at the Rosenzweig Arts Center on Friday, May 31 at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $5 in advance and $8 at the door. If you would like to participate please call Beverly Norris at 662-328-2787.
Won't you join us in supporting the Columbus Arts Council by becoming a patron?
Go here to learn more about the benefits of becomming a Columbus Arts Council member
Other Cultural Events in the area
Visit our cultural events page to find out about other cultural events around our area. There are also other artist opportunites listed on this page.